Kinds of Sentences According to Form

There are four kinds of sentences according to form. These are the following:

Simple Sentence
-It contains one independent clause.
Example: He wants to write a song for his wife.


Compound Sentence-It contains two or more independent clauses
Example: The guys are playing basketball and the girls are playing tennis.


Complex Sentence-It contains one independent clause and one or more dependent clauses.
Example: Although she is not very pretty, she is smart.


Compound-Complex Sentence-It contains two or more independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses.
Example: I like the guy that I met recently, but he already has a girlfriend.


In my next posts, I will discuss about the different tenses and their uses.^^

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank U!..this blog is very nice.

justine caitlin said...

this blog is so nice!!

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot!

JOYME TOPINGAN said...

thanks for this information...studying and researching is a piece of cake......

RafaeL_Sasori said...

nice....tnx
i have done my homeworks....^^

Anonymous said...

cool.... thanks

Anonymous said...

it is so useful... :)

Anonymous said...

thanks to this site:)

Anonymous said...

its soo nice tnx. for these..

Anonymous said...

awesome blog!!!!!

Anonymous said...

good..

Anonymous said...

tnx......may assigment is perfect....

Anonymous said...

thanks! finish with my homeworks :DD

Jason said...

thank you ..i have done my homehowrks

Anonymous said...

ty

Anonymous said...

tnx!keep up the good work.

kathleen said...

thanks ...... I've done my projectttt:)

Anonymous said...

thnx now i'm done w/ my homework!

Anonymous said...

done with homework :P

Anonymous said...

thnx a lot :)

Anonymous said...

.......This site really helped me in my assignments... Now doing homework is easy..

Anonymous said...

Tank you so much.*_____*

edhen said...

tnx..... im done my homework

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails